BlackBerryDeveloped by Research in Motion (RIM) it powers BlackBerry smartphones.
Based on Blackberry 9700 Bold with OS 6 (purchased in Singapore)
Display ChineseUsing the BlackBerry Desktop Software you can install support for displaying Chinese
Open the BlackBerry Desktop Software > Applications > East Asian Characters and Font Support > Select Traditional Chinese Characters and Font support & Simplified Chinese Characters and Font support
If your BlackBerry Desktop Software doesn't come with the East Asian language support you can go to the BlackBerry Support page and download the necessary software.
- Go to your provider
- Select your model number from the drop down menu
- pick the BlackBerry Handheld Software. Pick the latest one but ensure it contains 'East Asia' or 'All Languages', if your provider doesn't have any East Asia or All Languages, go back and pick an Asian provider (pick HK or Singapore)
- Fill in the registration form > Agree with the T & C > Click Download and wait for the file to be downloaded
- Run the software you have just downloaded
- connect your BlackBerry
Input ChineseUsing the BlackBerry Desktop Software you can install support for inputting Chinese
Open the BlackBerry Desktop Software > Applications > East Asian Language and Input Support > Select the input methods you want
While composing a message press the blackberry button and select switch input language, select the language and input method. The input method is also visible at the top right corner.
The input methods have predictive text.
The East Asian Language pack includes the following input methods:
- Chinese Pinyin
- Chinese WoBoMoFo
- Chinese WubiHua
- Chinese Stroke
- Chinese Simplified CangJei
- Chinese Jyutping
- Chinese Traditional CangJei
- Japanese Romaji
[ < Smartphones]