Microsoft Windows Vista
Microsoft Windows Vista was an Unicode based operating system developed by Microsoft Corporation. It's the successor of Windows XP. It can display and input Chinese out of the box.
To enable Chinese input methods in Windows Vista
- Click on Start
- Go to Settings
- Click on Control Panel
- Double click Regional & Language Options
- Click on the Keyboards and Languages tab
- Click on Change keyboards...
- Click on the Add.. button
- Check the input methods you like to add and press OK
- To change the settings of the input method, click on the input method and then properties
You can download and install additional languages to view Windows Vista menus, dialog boxes, and other user interface items in Chinese if you have the Ultimate or Enterprise Edition.
This can be done using Windows Update. More information on the Microsoft Website.
If you can't install the Microsoft IME's you can also install the free Google Pinyin IME
More information on input methods
[ < back ] - [ home ]